Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Introduction

This guide is about the Android app 'Acapella Maker', not to be confused with the similar app available for Apple devices which is just called Acapella.

You can download it from Google Play Store

This app enables you to create recordings (with video) of yourself singing or playing harmonies, by stitching together separate recordings that you make, into a visual collage, and blending the soundtracks. I think its amazingly clever, and it's exactly the sort of 'toy' I have wanted to play with all my life!!

The free version allows you to make videos of up to one minute, with up to 4 separate parts. For longer videos or for more parts, you will need to upgrade to the paid for version, which cost me £2.54 in April 2020.

A word of warning, you will see from user reviews in the Play Store that this app hasn't got a very good reputation, and hasn't been updated for several years. I did have some initial problems, especially when I first upgraded to the paid version. These appear to be memory related - once I cleared out some storage space in my phone's memory, I haven't had any further problems (touch wood!). When the app did stop working, I discovered that if I went into my phone Settings found the app, and selected 'Force Stop' it enabled it to start working again.

Coming up next Getting Started


No comments:

Post a Comment